Movie News

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Dan's Discs: THE WORLD'S END



THE WORLD'S END is now available on DVD.
It is directed by Edgar Wright and is the third film of the Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy.
The film centers around a now estranged group of high school friends trying to complete a once failed, epic pub crawl in their hometown bars. They soon discover something sinister in going down with the town's residents and the group is forced to fight for survival. Much like SHAUN OF THE DEAD and HOT FUZZ, this film has some good jokes and epic fight sequences. 
However, I would have to rank it as my third favorite film in the trilogy.

I was really enjoying THE WORLD'S END, until all the mayhem started happening. I know it's a silly thought. I knew what I was getting into because it is part of a "series" and the trailers didn't leave much to the imagination.  However, as the film started to unfold, I was hoping it would continue as a dry, British comedy/tragedy instead of morphing into an action film. 

Edgar Wright gave a lot of emotional and background depth to the characters and really got the viewer interested in their lives. I wanted the characters to sort out their issues in the real world, but instead, it veers off into a movie about creative ways to smash in your enemy's face. If you really like SHAUN OF THE DEAD and HOT FUZZ, then I doubt you will be disappointed.
I just really want to see the ending to the first half of the film.



Thanks For Reading!
Follow Us On Twitter For Daily Movie News and Links: @NorthSouthFilm

No comments:

Post a Comment