Movie News

Monday, July 22, 2013

Chris's Review Roundup




When I am not posting articles here at North/South Film, I also cover film news and events in New Orleans for several different outlets, mainly examiner.com. After putting in my dues for a couple of years, I finally started getting invited to local press screenings and Hollywood studio-backed events.

Most of the movies I get to review are indie, foreign, and documentaries, but every now and then, I get to attend advanced screenings of the big-name films – and  I have posted those reviews on North/South (Olympus Has Fallen, Oblivion, After Earth, This is the End, etc.).

But instead of double-posting all my reviews both here and there, I decided to do a monthly film review round-up with links to all my published reviews in one post. Now this being the first one, there is a little catching up to do, so there is about 3 months of reviews here. Lots of these movies are still in theaters or can be seen On Demand. So if you would like to read one, some, or all of them . . . check out the reviews after the jump (and thanks for reading!):



(CLICK THE HIGHLIGHTED LINKS TO READ EACH REVIEW)

  




A Band Called Death ( * * * * out of 5 stars)








The Way, Way Back ( * * * * out of 5 stars)










Pieta ( * * * out of 5 stars)


 





100 Bloody Acres ( * * * out of 5 stars)








The Kings of Summer ( * * * * out of 5 stars)








Kon-Tiki ( * * * ½ out of 5 stars)








What Maisie Knew ( * * * ½ out of 5 stars)


 





Before Midnight ( * * * * ½ out of 5 stars)








Upstream Color ( * * * * out of 5 stars)








Lore  ( * * * * ½ out of 5 stars)









Blancanieves ( * * * * out of 5 stars)









The We and I ( * * out of 5 stars)








War Witch ( * * * * * out of 5 stars)








Pavillion ( * * * * out of 5 stars)















 






The ABC’s of Death ( * * out of 5 stars)












This Must Be the Place ( * * * * out of 5 stars)












The Loneliest Planet ( * * ½ out of 5 stars)















Tchoupitoulas ( * * * * out of 5 stars)













Detropia ( * * * * out of 5 stars)










You can read all my film reviews and articles at:

No comments:

Post a Comment