Movie News

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Best Of 2013 So Far




Dan Here:

After seven months of 2013, I know this: 
I've generally enjoyed going to the movies this year.
Most of the films I saw met, or exceeded my expectations.
Sure I saw a few bad flicks, but I was fully prepared for their failures going in.
I knew Die Hard 5 wasn't somehow going to be the better than DIE HARD.
The key to the year has been, that on a weekly basis, Hollywood has kept me entertained.
I don't know if I've seen an all-time great, but to me, that means we have yet to see 2013's best.
This post has links to all of our past reviews and many articles, so read, click and enjoy

The Best of 2013 So Far:

Dan's Top 10:

#10. WHITE HOUSE DOWN  (Dan's Review)
#9.   MAN OF STEEL  (Dan's Review)
#8.   PACIFIC RIM
#7.   THE HEAT  (Dan's Review)
#6.   THIS IS THE END   (Chris's Review)
#5.   WORLD WAR Z  (Dan's Review)
#4.   OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL   (Dan's Review)  (Dan's Discs)
#3.   IRON MAN 3  (Dan's Review)
#2.  THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES  (Dan's Review)
#1.  STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

I thought it was great to spend another few hours with this Enterprise crew.
Great follow-up to a classic film.

Almost Made It
THE GREAT GATSBY  (Dan's Review)
THE PURGE   (Chris's Review)
SPRING BREAKERS  (Dan's Review)
THE WOLVERINE

One-Time Views
42  (Dan's Discs)
DESPICABLE ME 2
NOW YOU SEE ME
ONLY GOD FORGIVES
THE LONE RANGER  (Dan's Review)
WARM BODIES

Not Good
A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD  (Dan's Discs)
GANGSTER SQUAD  (Dan's Discs)
IDENTITY THIEF
THE BLING RING
THE INCREDIBLE BURT WONDERSTONE  (Dan's Discs)



Chris's Top 10:

#10b - Frances Ha (I actually have not seen this movie yet, but I have no doubt that I will like it a tremendous amount, so it gets an honor position in my Top 10)
#10 - Stoker 
  #9 - This is the End (My Review)
  #8 - The Kings of Summer (My Review)
  #7 - Iron Man 3
  #6 - Side Effects
  #5 - Spring Breakers (Past Post)
  #4 - Before Midnight (My Review)
  #3 - Upstream Color (My Review)
  #2 - Mud
  #1 - The Place Beyond the Pines (Past Post)

Just Missed the Cut:
The Way, Way Back (My Review)
Blue Jasmine
Star Trek Into Darkness
Pacific Rim

Best Documentaries:
Stories We Tell 
The Act of Killing

Movies I Strongly Disliked (Hate is such a strong word, but these come close):
Oz, The Great and Powerful 
Gangster Squad 
After Earth (My Review)

No comments:

Post a Comment