Movie News

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dan's Discs--GANGSTER SQUAD/JURASSIC PARK 3D

A couple of new, good-looking, Blu-Rays hit shelves today:


GANGSTER SQUAD was one of my most anticipated releases of 2012 (it was delayed until 2013).
Emma Stone, Josh Brolin and our boy, Ryan Gosling!
How could it not work???
Enter, Sean Penn.
When I saw the trailer, I almost cried.


They let Penn go completely over-the-top, again (I'm looking at you, ALL THE KING'S MEN).
Gone is the subtle cool of his younger self.
If you haven't seen BAD BOYS (not the Will Smith one), watch it, directly.
Now Penn can't just be in a movie, he has to dominate it, even to the detriment of the film.
For a guy who hates the attention, he certainly loves the spotlight.
Oh well, give SQUAD a watch, but don't expect L.A. CONFIDENTIAL.




Well, Chris didn't like JURASSIC PARK 3D, but the column is called Dan's Discs for a reason.
I saw JURASSIC PARK on opening day in 1993 and was completely blown away.
If you know a better movie for an eight year old, I'd be shocked.
PARK is a transcendent film, both in terms of story and process.
There is no doubt in my mind that it's a Top 5 Spielberg Feature.

I thought the 3D was incredible and it's the best Post-Production 3D Film I've seen.
It was timed perfectly the news about Burlington local, Colin Trevorrow helming JP4. 
I know you probably don't have a 3D TV, neither do I, but the Blu-Ray will still thrill you.
You will jump when the Dilophosaurus goes off, I guarantee it.
It's fun to be eight again.

Follow Us on Twitter: @NorthSouthFilm
Follow Me on Twitter: @DannyGetHot

No comments:

Post a Comment